This link is to a website of reviews by Capita staff. Some of the comments are good but many are not and include the following:
- "Frustrating inability to deliver tools to do job"
- "A living nightmare, apart from some good co workers"
- "Under values employees, vast pay inequalities"
- "Soulless business only interested in the number"
- "Shambolic Management"
- "Capita needs to be employee centric and not management centric"
- "Good work/life balance however they pay extremely poor salaries"
- "Good!! I spent 7 years with Capita & it is an experience I will remember for the rest of my life" (employee in Mumbai)
- "Excellent place to work"
Capita is a FTSE 100 PLC. It has shareholders to keep happy and as a result it will do what is right for them. However, that may conflict with the objectives of a local authority and it may offer a completely different culture for staff. I hope that Capita can deliver on the promises in their bid but I suspect that many of the comments above may be echoed around NLBP once Capita take over. Happy and motivated staff are best placed to deliver great service. If staff are unhappy it will be much harder for residents to receive the service they deserve. Maybe that is why there is a major focus on replacing people with technology.